Blog
Bookmark and Share

The purpose of the DIGA blog is to unite student dermatology interest groups across the nation and allow DIGs to communicate in an easy effective manner.

If you would like to share events your DIG is planning or what your DIG accomplished this semester please email blog@derminterest.org and have your school featured on our blog!

We are open to suggestions for improvement and feedback on how to make the blog (and website) fit your needs!

Ways to connect
Like our Facebook page to stay up to date on events, news and opportunities in dermatology.
Connect with us on LinkedIn to grow your professional network.

RssIcon
By DIGA Blogger on 9/14/2011 10:38 AM

By DIGA Blogger on 7/13/2011 8:24 AM
Art Papier MD invites you to attend this online meeting to learn how to use VisualDx and provide direct feedback to the creators of VisualDx. Click "Read More" below for all of the details on how to access this Webinar.
By DIGA Blogger on 6/22/2011 6:58 PM
New Rules Give Consumers More Information to Help Reduce the Risk of Skin Cancer, Early Aging

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced last week that sunscreen products meeting modern standards for effectiveness may be labeled with new information to help consumers find products that, when used with other sun protection measures, reduce the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging, as well as help prevent sunburn. The final regulation allows sunscreen products that pass the FDA’s test for protection against both ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) rays to be labeled as “Broad Spectrum.” Under the new labeling, sunscreens labeled as both Broad Spectrum and SPF 15 (or higher), if used regularly, as directed, and in combination with other sun protection measures will help prevent sunburn, reduce the risk of skin cancer, and reduce the risk of early skin aging. “FDA has evaluated the data and developed testing and labeling requirements for sunscreen products, so that manufacturers...
By DIGA Blogger on 6/5/2011 11:23 PM

Interested in learning how to use VisualDx? Want to provide direct feedback to the creators of VisualDx?

DIGA and VisualDx have set up a live webinar session, tentatively scheduled for July 17 at 8pm EST.

Please check back here in July for a direct link to the web session!

-----

"It was my first week on the pediatric rotation when I was paged for a new consult in the emergency room. The patient was a 5 year old boy presenting with fever, rash and appeared quite ill. I did the history and physical exam and by the time I finished talking to the family I had less than 10 minutes before the start of rounds with my attending. I knew I needed to have at least a couple of ideas for my differential diagnosis, most likely diagnosis, what test I would do and what treatment options. As this was my first week on pediatrics, I couldn't come up with any of this information, so i quickly pulled out my phone and launched the VisualDx app to help me with ideas. I used the Differential Builder,...
By DIGA Blogger on 6/3/2011 7:29 PM
Indiana University DIG has paired up with Outrun the Sun for a Race Against Melanoma. The Outrun the Sun Race Against Melanoma is the largest evening event of its kind in the United States supporting skin cancer education/prevention and melanoma research. This unique evening event occurring at 7pm keeps participants out of the sun's harsh daytime ultraviolet rays. Stay posted for results and pictures of this incredible event!

For more information check out http://www.outrunthesun.org

Share with us what your school's dermatology interest group is doing this summer!
Please email shayna.gordon@derminterest.org to have your school DIG featured on the new DIGA blog!
By DIGA Blogger on 5/27/2011 9:22 AM

The DIGA blog is a new addition to the national Dermatology Student Interest Group website! This purpose of the DIGA blog is to unite student dermatology interest groups across the nation and allow DIGs to communicate in an easy effective manner.

Is the dermatology interest group at your school having a skin screening, hosting a dermatology fundraiser or giving a skin protection presentation to teenage students?

If you would like to share what your DIG is planning or what your DIG accomplished this semester please email shayna.gordon@derminterest.org and have your school featured on our blog!

Also please help us improve the blog and make it meet your needs by giving us feedback on what you'd like to see, as well as suggestions for improvements (or critiques).

Title

Minimize
There are no categories in this blog.